This is one of the areas where the wealthier people from Mallorca live. Without a doubt Portals is a privileged area where businesses are growing and are oriented to a very specific public that likes to be surrounded by luxury and elegance. Today we suggest that you reserve a whole day to enjoy it exclusively in Portals. Shall we start?
1. 9:00h: A refreshing swim in the morning
You have it right in front and it’s of immense beauty, the sea. Portals has multiple beaches and we suggest all of them so you can choose the one that attracts you the most, even though you can also break this visit into different small visits that you can do on different days, just like these beaches.
- Costa d’en Blanes beach: just beside the Marine Zoo Marineland. Very busy beach and very popular between tourists.
- El Mago beach: It has a movie name, it is a small beach with fine grane sand and of white colour. The water is crystalline and the beach accepts nudism.
- Portals Nous beach: Also known as l’Oratori, this beach is the biggest one of all the ones suggested. It is a pebble beach, so we suggest you take comfortable shoes.
- Portals Vells beach: It is situated in a Natural Area of Interest. This beach counts with a big forest on the back side and has turquoise water with golden sand.
- Rei beach: It is of small dimensions and it’s surrounded by small cliffs and a dense pinewood.
2. 13:00h: A fun and wild visit
Very close to Portals, you can find the Marine Zoo Marineland, in which both kids and adults will have a great time. It counts with dolphin, seal and sea lion shows. It also counts with an exhibition of different species that will astonish you. It is the perfect combination for a fun and didactic visit.
When: from the 14th of March till the 31st of October from 9:30h till 17:30h/18:00h.
Where: Calle Garcilaso de la Vega, 9 Costa d’en Blanes, Mallorca .
How much: adults: 24 Euros; kids: 15 Euros; mini kids rate: 10 Euros; (+65 years old): 15 Euros.
* If you buy your tickets online on marineland.es you will have a discount.
Telephone: 971 67 51 25.
3. 18:30h: A nice walk through the port
The exclusive Port of Portals offers a calm and elegant atmosphere. There, as well as being able to go for a nice walk in front of the sea, you will be able to enjoy a cocktail with unique views and be served to the highest standards. There is also a boutique area in which you can find products that are only available for the most exclusive people. We suggest to have a natural juice or a coffee in the Cappuccino Grand Café.
4. 21:00h: A delicious dinner in front of the sea
To finish our visit to Portals we suggest a dinner, not only for couples in one of the most popular restaurants in the Port: Restaurant Lounge Bar Ritzi. You will be able to enjoy a dinner with the best views in the area and combining the aroma of a
good wine with the sea breeze. The Ritzi is famous for the quality of its products as well as its cosmopolitan atmosphere. The average price is between 45 and 60 Euros.
If you prefer a different atmosphere, or type of cuisine, we suggest El Diablito, where they serve delicious pizzas and the average price is between 15 and 25 Euros.
As its Spanish name says, Pedra Vista is an attractive stone-built villa with 3 bedrooms and airy interiors full of traditional ch...MORE INFORMATION
Vadell is an exciting and welcoming property, perfectly located just 1.5km away from the old town of Pollensa, featuring one of th...MORE INFORMATION
This superbly renovated villa, located in a highly desirable and picturesque area close to the golf course of Pollensa, is simply ...MORE INFORMATION
Alfonsa is a welcoming and modern one-bedroomed villa with private swimming pool, ideal for a romantic couple, perfectly set in a ...MORE INFORMATION