Summer in Mallorca is over, but the island offers many other tourist attractions this time of year. Its mild climate means that you can enjoy it all year round; the following is a list of 5 things you can do other than swim in Mallorca’s beautiful beaches and coves:
1. Discover its beaches and coves in all tranquillity. Although the water’s temperature is not suitable for swimming, at least for most, the island has hidden coves of astounding beauty that are less crowded this time of year.
2. Discover the capital, Palma de Mallorca: a city full of culture and history, where every corner is a source of inspiration... what can you see?
- Mallorca Cathedral. The city’s most emblematic monument and the first thing you'll see whether you arrive by plane or boat. Built in Gothic style and a symbol of Mallorca’s historical and cultural heritage.
- La Lonja (Palma’s old fish-market).
- Parc de la Mar (an sea-side park).
- S'Hort del Rei (royal gardens).
3. The Drach caves. First explored in 1880, the caves have a depth of 25 meters and include the Martel lake, where you cannot miss a small live concert offered from a boat in the middle... Simply amazing!
4. Taste the island’s typical sweets. The ensaimada pastry is Mallorca’s most renown gastronomic product, you can find and taste all its versions, even stuffed with chocolate and custard.
5. Enjoy the sunset from Cape Formentor. What better way to end a perfect day than the views of Cape Formentor at dusk. A truly unique experience.
El Jardin is a truly traditional stone-built Mallorcan farmhouse, accessed via an attractive archway and surrounded by extensive g...MORE INFORMATION
Beautifully located amongst pine and wild olive trees on the edge of the pretty rural town of Lloret lies Sa Rota de Ca'n Blan...MORE INFORMATION
The villa is located in an area with good communication between Pollensa and the highly demanded beaches of Puerto de Pollensa, Fo...MORE INFORMATION
Villa Son Morro is an exciting brand new property, finished to the highest standard and located close to the traditional town of M...MORE INFORMATION