Summer in Mallorca is over, but the island offers many other tourist attractions this time of year. Its mild climate means that you can enjoy it all year round; the following is a list of 5 things you can do other than swim in Mallorca’s beautiful beaches and coves:
1. Discover its beaches and coves in all tranquillity. Although the water’s temperature is not suitable for swimming, at least for most, the island has hidden coves of astounding beauty that are less crowded this time of year.
2. Discover the capital, Palma de Mallorca: a city full of culture and history, where every corner is a source of inspiration... what can you see?
- Mallorca Cathedral. The city’s most emblematic monument and the first thing you'll see whether you arrive by plane or boat. Built in Gothic style and a symbol of Mallorca’s historical and cultural heritage.
- La Lonja (Palma’s old fish-market).
- Parc de la Mar (an sea-side park).
- S'Hort del Rei (royal gardens).
3. The Drach caves. First explored in 1880, the caves have a depth of 25 meters and include the Martel lake, where you cannot miss a small live concert offered from a boat in the middle... Simply amazing!
4. Taste the island’s typical sweets. The ensaimada pastry is Mallorca’s most renown gastronomic product, you can find and taste all its versions, even stuffed with chocolate and custard.
5. Enjoy the sunset from Cape Formentor. What better way to end a perfect day than the views of Cape Formentor at dusk. A truly unique experience.
Extremely well located between the old town of Pollensa and the seaside resort of Puerto Pollensa, Can Mariano is a large family v...MORE INFORMATION
The beautiful Finca Gloria is a traditional villa built in Majorcan stone and is nestled in spacious gardens with a small pond, ba...MORE INFORMATION
Set in the enchanting, unspoilt area of Cala San Vicente, with its 3 sandy bays kissed by turquoise water, Villa Jaima is a welcom...MORE INFORMATION
Can Mercer is an elegant and charming stone-built villa with private pool, perfectly located less than 5 min drive away from the s...MORE INFORMATION